HODL Assets, a marketplace for non-fungible tokens (NFTs), has acquired the crypto-commerce firm CoinLinked for an undisclosed amount.
- HODL Assets said it is buying CoinLinked to "streamline the crypto-commerce process" and integrate the social aspects of the platform into its current technology.
- CoinLinked founder and CEO Jenny Ta will join the HODL Assets team as co-founder and COO.
- Ta will be responsible for creating partnerships and adding key features to its current technology as the two prepare to introduce HODL's NFT platform.
- The company is also expanding its operations to Durban, South Africa, and the U.S.
- HODL Assets is currently moving forward with efforts to secure a Series A funding round and be bought by a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) soon after, HODL Assets CEO Vladimir Schutz said. "We're currently in discussions on several potential SPAC deals."