Bitski, a non-fungible token (NFT) platform, has raised $19 million in Series A funding from investors, including Jay-Z and Andreessen Horowitz (a16z).
- Describing itself as the “Shopify for NFTs,” Bitski aims to provide an easy platform for brands, game developers and consumers to create, buy and sell digital goods.
- Serena Williams and Ari Emanuel, the CEO of media agency Endeavor, are also listed among investors who participated in the round, according to an announcement Thursday.
- Bitski was backed by Galaxy Digital, Winklevoss Capital and Coinbase Ventures in a $1.81 million seed funding round in November 2019.
- At the time, Bitski’s focus was developing a crypto wallet that could be easily embedded into other applications, such as video games.
- The company has now pivoted toward the NFT market, providing a platform for the sale of NFTs by such brands as Adidas and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).