Crypto exchange Gemini Trust is raising $400 million in a new funding round that would bring its valuation to $7 billion, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- The round has not yet been finalized and could change, Bloomberg reported on Thursday.
- Gemini, which was co-founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, could not be reached for comment at the time of publication.
- Several crypto firms are taking advantage of current market conditions to raise money, including ConsenSys and (reportedly) OpenSea.
- ConsenSys is planning a massive expansion after it raised $200 million at a $3.2 billion valuation, the company said yesterday.
- Bitcoin hit a new all-time high price of over $68,000 just 10 days ago, while a quarter of global fund managers expect bitcoin to hit over $75,000 in 12 months, a November Bank of America survey found.
Read more: Winklevoss-Led Gemini Behind Bitcoin White Paper Excerpts on NYC Billboard