Coinbase is looking to hire “hundreds” of recruits for its new hub in India, and is offering an incentive of $1,000 in crypto.
- The aim is for recruits to "leverage this offering to learn about crypto," Pankaj Gupta, VP of engineering and site lead in India, said a blog post Friday.
- The exchange is looking to tap the country's "world class community" of engineers, tech builders and entrepreneurs, Gupta wrote.
- The company wants to "hire hundreds of world class engineers in the near term" to fill its Indian outpost, which currently has 20 different openings listed.
- In March, Coinbase announced its plans to open a hub in Hyderabad, India in the face of the possibility of a ban on crypto in the country.
- Even if an outright ban were to be passed into legislation by the Indian government – a possibility that appears to have diminished of late – it is likely that Coinbase's plans there would not be affected if operations center around engineering and software development.